In order to satisfy a reservation request, the passenger communicates to the carrier or its accredited agent, via the website or at an agency, personal data concerning him. By booking a seat on board a flight, the passenger accepts the use of his/her personal data by the air carrier.
What are the commitments of Air Senegal for the privacy of my data ?
The personal data of the passengers collected within the context of these purposes are processed by the air carrier in accordance with the law on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. In the context of the exercise of his activity and for reasons of security, anti-terrorism and anti-fraud , the air carrier may transmit the data to its authorized personnel, but also to third parties, in particular service providers, other carriers, governmental authorities and Senegalese and foreign airports. This transfer is done in accordance with the laws and regulations in force applicable in Senegal and international. In accordance with the law relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, the passenger has at all times the right to access, rectification, deletion or opposition to the use of personal data concerning him/her.
HOW DOES AIR SENEGAL USE THE DATA IT COLLECTS?
When you use Air Senegal online services, we receive your data through different channels and more specifically on our websites, and our mobile sites, whilst you are browsing, buying or booking online, when you complete an online form, when you sign up to the newsletter, when you create an Air Senegal or Teranga Loyalty account, when you apply for a job position, when you post comments on our social media, when you make contact with Air Senegal or when you send your data to us in any other way.
Your personal data is primarily used to enable you book and purchase tickets and for us to provide specific services: transportation, market research, creating customer loyalty, activities, sales information, satisfaction surveys, organizing competitions, new products and services designed to improve customer experience in the airport or during a flight, statistical surveys, recruitment, customer service, handling customer requests and/or complaints, but also to ensure flight safety and security and to combat fraud.
In addition the data provided by the passenger is collected and processed for the following purposes:
– Reservation and buying a ticket,
– Provision of additional services in relation to the transport (meals, medical assistance, accompaniment
(meals, medical assistance, accompaniment of a minor, …)
– Fulfillment of administrative formalities related to
immigration and entry into the territory of a State.
– Realization of actions of prospection, promotion and statistics
– Management of a loyalty program.
FOR HOW LONG IS MY DATA STORED?
Air SENEGAL is committed to storing your personal data no longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was processed. Furthermore, Air Senegal stores your personal data in accordance with the retention period imposed by current regulations.
This retention period depends on the purpose for which the data is being processed by Air Senegal and takes into account regulations which impose a specific retention period for certain categories of data, possible time limits as well as CDP recommendations regarding certain types of data processing.
IT SECURITY / SECURE TRANSACTIONS
We provide a secure online payment system using the latest technologies.
Everyone has a part to play in data security and privacy. For this reason, we recommend that you avoid communicating passwords to others, and that you log out of your Air Senegal and social media accounts (especially if these accounts are linked) and close your browser window when leaving the Air SENEGAL website, especially when using a public device to access the internet. This way, other users will not be able to access your personal information.
We strongly advise against communicating any document issued by Air SENEGAL that contains your personal details (boarding pass, ticket number, etc.) to third parties or posting such documents on social media.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Several pages on the Air Senegal website contain links to access the websites of other companies. We recommend that you read the data privacy policies of these non-Air Senegal websites, as these terms may vary from those on the Air Senegal website. Air SENEGAL is not responsible for the use of your personal data on these external websites.
The storage of cookies or tracers on your device (desktop computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) allows Air SENEGAL to gather information and personal data. Depending on the settings on your device, cookies permit the following:
- Cookies enable you to use the major features on the Air SENEGAL website.
- They help us improve our website and detect any bugs you may encounter.
- They enable us to remember your choices and preferences and personalize your user interface.
- They allow us to gather statistics in order to manage traffic to the website and the use of different sections of the Air SENEGAL website (visited pages, navigation habits of the user) which allow us to improve the user experience on the website and the services we offer you.
- They enable us to track the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns by counting and analyzing the number of sales and clicks associated with our marketing investments.
- They show us the content of pages you view, your flight searches, information you chose to share when registering with other website, pages and websites you visited recently.
- They allow us to share information with other websites in order to display advertizing content that is interesting and useful to you.
- They enable us to share information on social media.